One month’s fasting was over the other day, and the Indonesia entered the holiday of the fast Day “Idul Fitri (Idol Fitturi)/Lebaran (Rubaran)”.
And in the Indonesia during this fasting, the word “Mohon Maaf Lahir dan Batin” is uttered and shook hands.
This is a story about this culture.
- [Append] because I was pointed out to the detailed one, I add the content.-6 Jun 2019
- Hadith * (Fath Al-Bari 2:446) said, “Taqabbalallahu Minna wa Minkum. (May our Deeds be received by God.)It is said that it is Sunnah * to say.
- But it is true that there is a culture to utter this “Mohon Maaf Lahir dan Batin” in Indonesia, so I hope you will read this article for the purpose of knowing the culture of Indonesia, not the teachings of Islam.
- * Hadith (Hadith): A record of the words and actions that God’s Prophet Muhammad spoke in his daily life.For the Koran, the Prophet receives the word of God and wrote it as it is.
- * Sunnah (Sunnah): A Muslim that is based on hadith should be modeled.It is not a duty, but to do and be better.
“Mohon Maaf Lahir dan Batin” means
First of all, because this word is Indonesia words, I will look at the meaning of each word.
- Mohon (Mohon): A word that asks a person to do something called “please.””Minta” is used in the same way, but “Mohon” is a more polite expression.
- MAAF: “I’m sorry” means.In this case, it is used in the meaning “forgiveness” of the noun.
- “Mohon Maaf” = “I hope for forgiveness.”
- Lahir (La heel): Usually used in the sense of “being born”, but in this case it is used in the sense of “direct/intentional”.
- Dan (dan): meaning “and” in English
- Batin: The antonyms of the previous “Lahir” means “not intentional/invisible.”
- “Lahir dan Batin” = “from the direct to the unintentional”
- * “Lahir dan Batin” means “sincerely (Dengan segenap Hachi)” or “Sincere mind/Heart (Dengan setulus Hachi” etc.).
- * The meaning is the same though it might be written without “Dan” like “Lahir Batin”.
So when I put this into writing,
“Mohon Maaf Lahir dan Batin. (Mohon maaaf la heel dan Batin) = “Sincerely, please forgive my various mistakes until now.」
Note that because “Lahir” means “born”, it’s not a negative meaning like “I’m sorry to be born” (laughs)
In this sense, it is too hard to translate into more sensory
“Forgive me for having gone wrong.Let’s start anew again!」
It is like.
Or, I say to the new year in the Japan “Happy New Years, I like my best again”.
Why do we ask for forgiveness from each other?
Well, I get fed up once in a while just a human relationship, it is easy to have a chance to reset once a year like this.
For example, two friends were invited to play on the same day, and they reluctantly refused the invitation.When things like that overlap, there is a time when it becomes plain and sorry.
At that time, “Let’s start with one another!If you shake hands like that, I feel pretty fine.
Moreover, if it is not a mistake, in the teachings of Islam, “it is not only to ask God for forgiveness in the case of the mistake of the man but also to allow the mistake to be permitted by each other directly by each other”
In fact, this is a handshake for forgiveness, but it is done by the people next to each other besides “After the prayer is done” in addition to the fasting.
So for example, we do group worship at an overseas mosque and then shake hands with people who are next to each other, and pray for peace.There are things like that.
I like this Islamic teachings quite a bit, and I would like to pray at mosques in various countries throughout my life.
Now, the commentary is over.
This “Mohon Maaf Lahir dan Batin” does not contain any religious words, so anyone can feel free to use it regardless of religion.
So if you have a chance, please try it.
I’ll be around here today.
Mohon Maaf Lahir dan Batin.
A peaceful day…. Asalamu’ara!
I got this site from my pal who shared with me regarding this
site and now this time I am visiting this site and reading very informative content here.